Good Shepherd of the Deaf Lutheran Church was established in 1901 to serve hearing impaired and hearing people throughout all of Northwest Ohio, Ohio, the U.S.A. and the world.
God, the Father has chosen us to be His people. We are the body of Christ, and part of the larger body of Christ throughout the world. Through Jesus Christ, His life, His death and His resurrection we have eternal life, forgiveness and peace with God. God’s Spirit has given each of us spiritual gifts to serve each other and to expand His Kingdom into the world.
Preaching, teaching, worship, Sacraments and fellowship make up the center of our lives. Through teaching we begin to live the Christian life, for which God has called us. We are here to serve the Lord by loving and serving each other; by bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to people in our area; and by sharing God’s love with people throughout the world.
We are God’s people, fulfilling God’s plan to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth (Ephesians 1:8-10).